Keynote 09 Theme Chooser
This is the Keynote ‘08 theme chooser, shown when you start Keynote:
Here is the updated screen in Keynote ‘09:
Here are some differences I see:
- The “Open Recent” feature is a welcome addition!
- The “Close” button text changed to “Cancel”.
- The text “Choose a theme for your presentation:” is gone. Instead, the screen has a title bar.
- You can now adjust the preview size.
- There are more themes.
- The window corners are rounded.
- Components are less rounded than before.
- The scrollbar and buttons are less glossy than before.
- The slide size option is now right-aligned. Its right edge matches the right edge of the Choose button. Overall, component alignment and spacing seems cleaner.
- The background is black.
- The previews have reflections.
- The gray background seems to have a very subtle gradient.
- “Don’t show this dialog again” is gone.
Why did I do this? Because when I ran Keynote ‘09 the first time, I noticed the “Open Recent” feature. I couldn’t remember if the old version had that feature, so I decided to check.
The funny thing is, I didn’t notice anything else different about the screen. (Maybe that’s the whole point!) Seeing them next to each other, however, makes it obvious they’ve put a lot of thought into the details.